Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My second home.

The break in TEXAS has been wonderful. but i'll blog about that later with pictures...What I wanted to blog about this morning was my second home. My home in jerusalem. I was watching a documentary with my father-in- law on Jeru, and it made me miss it, and miss the details and beauty of my home at the jersalem center where i lived for 4 months.
In my opinion, this building is a palace. it is up there with castles where royalty live. Everything is beautiful about it. i miss it, and want to go back. its weird to me tha in about a week it will have been 2 years since i have been to my second home. crazy, life has changed a lot since then. I mean i'm married for goodness sake! That is a big change, but a great change. i miss my second home and the people that filled it. i miss the furniture, the game nights, sitting in class and looking out the window that overlooks the city, and shabbot. the best day of the week, that without fail i cried because everything in life was perfect and beautiful. i miss it. i want to go back.


The stairs that goes to our rooms.like 4 different floor levels.
The sign
One of my favorite things that makes the center so unique. This is the entrance to one of our dorms. its inside the center, but outside as well.
the grand entrance to the center.
One of the classrooms.
The arch pillars. one of the signiture features.
The library.

This is my friend Anne, with the sign that is on the busy main street to direct people where the center is. i love this sign. Stunning. this is the auditorium that overlooks jerusalem, this is where we have church. now u know why i cried every shabbot.
My home.


1 comment:

  1. Hayley! I'm so glad you loved Jerusalem so much. It's comforting to hear considering Jason and I will probably have to move there for a year. You should come party with us when we're there!

    ReplyDelete